Check my Pulse, my Credit Report is Saying I’m Dead!?

Strange things happen. We have all experienced almost comical incidences that have been mind boggling. But have you been accused of being deceased?

It doesn’t happen too often, but there have been cases where a consumer’s credit report indicates that they are legally dead. This can be extremely frustrating, especially if you are in a situation where your credit is being check for a big purchase or a loan.

How does this happen? An incorrect deceased note on a credit report is unfortunately caused by human error. If your name is linked, family member or spouse, or you share the same last name as someone that is deceased, a clerical error could occur allocated the note to the wrong person’s credit report.

Clearing and remedying the error from your credit history needs to happen as quickly as possible.

Fixing an Error on your Credit Report

The difficulty clearing or updating a mistake on your credit report can depend on the error. A simple address update is relatively easy- this can usually be changed directly on the website of the credit bureau. If the error is bigger in nature, like resurrecting your name- literally, the process can be much more extensive and equally as damaged if not fixed quickly.

You will first need to obtain copies of your credit report for the three big credit reporting companies- Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion. Read through the whole report to see which, if not all, show you as deceased. Even if not all have the error, it is best to notify all of the mistake. You will also need to provide documentation proving that you are in fact living. This may sound silly, but this is a requirement. If you have any creditors, you will want to notify them as well to avoid any future issues.

There is no doubt that this can be both frustrating and annoying, but know that this can be fixed, you just need to go through the proper channels. Another way to get this and all other credit report errors fixed is to contact an experienced law team. Francis Mailman Soumilas, P.C. have handled hundreds of similar cases and can fixed your deceased error.

Get your Free Case Review now!