CALL NOW: 1-877-735-8600 Tenant Screening Reports and Your Rights

What is MyScreeningReport?

MyScreeingReport is a tenant screening service that provides background and credit information of rental applicants. Applicants pay for the report and can reuse the tenant screening report as many times as needed for 30 days. MyScreeningReport was part of Moco tenant screening but was purchased in October 2021 by Global Verification Network.

MyScreeningReport Errors

Tenant Screening Report Errors cause rental application to be denied
Tenant screening reports are used by landlords to determine whether or not your application will be accepted or denied. It is crucial that these reports are correct. However, tenant screening errors are something we see often.
When your tenant screening report is incorrect it can be devastating and cause major delays in your ability to find an apartment or a house. If your MyScreeningReport background check or credit report had errors you may have a case. Get a free case review now.

Your Rights When MyScreeningReport has Errors

The most common type of error we see is when information belonging to another person is on your report. This can happen with any part of the report including criminal history, sex offender registry, terrorist watchlists, and credit reports to name a few. Outdated information such as old bankruptcies or an expunged record are also common types of mistakes that end up on tenant screening reports.

Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) you have rights. You have the right to dispute any information you believe is false that shows up on your report. You also have the right to sue the company that reported those errors.

Disputing MyScreeningReport Errors

To dispute inaccurate information on a credit report or background check issued as part of your tenant screening you will need to contact myscreeningreport. When disputing errors it is important to provide copies of any documents or information that you have in order to prove that they have reported errors. Once you file a dispute, MyScreeningReport will have 30 days to investigate your claim and correct any false information contained in their report. The down side is that 30 days is a long time and the apartment or house you were going to rent may not be available then.

You can get more information on disputing your MyScreeningReport on the MyScreeningReport website

Sue MyScreeningReport For Errors

You may have a case and be able to sue in Federal Court if any of the following has happened to you due to reporting errors by MyScreeningReport:

    • Was your rental application denied due to incorrect information provided in the tenant screening report?
    • Did you dispute errors on your report but they were not corrected?
    • Were the disputed errors on your report corrected but then reported again later?
    • Did the rental or lease terms change due to false information provided in your tenant screening report?

Consumer Law Firm, Francis Mailman Soumilas, P.C. Can Help

At Francis Mailman Soumilas, P.C. we have been fighting for the rights over consumer for over 20 years. You don’t have to let consumer reporting agencies get away with providing inaccurate information about you. Your consumer reports are used to make life changing decisions for you and your family. The accuracy of the report is so important.

If your tenant screening report, background check, or credit report contained incorrect information assert your rights now. Get a free case review by calling us at 1-877-735-8600 or fill out the online case review form.

Free Case Review

Subscribe for regular updates.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Once you submit this form a representative from the law firm of Francis Mailman Soumilas, P.C. will be in touch.
Or Call 1-877-735-8600 and get immediate help to see if you have a case.

If you feel your rights under the FCRA have been violated by MyScreeningReport,
call 1-877-735-8600 to speak to our legal team.

Francis Mailman Soumilas, P.C.








Awards & Recognition

Protecting Consumer Rights Nationwide for Over 25 Years

Expert legal advice, private consultation, no obligation
If you do have case, there is no out-of-pocket cost to you.